Stephanie Inn Sojourn: Inside the Mind of a Winemaker
Blend your own wine with the Adelsheim Vineyard team,
followed by a Wine Pairing Dinner at the Stephanie Inn
Date: October 4, 2018
This is a rare opportunity to understand the fundamentals behind how the wine you enjoy with dinner makes it from the vineyard to your glass — and to try your hand at blending your own. Every vineyard tells a story of its place in this industry, and that story is reflected in the grapes and wines that each vineyard produces.
Join Certified Sommelier and Wine Educator, Sam Schmitt, chief trade and education guru at Adelsheim Vineyard, for an exploration of what makes the Willamette Valley among the world’s finest wine growing regions by understanding the concepts of terroir, blending, and balance, as you learn about (and blend your own) unique wine. Discover how grapes are grown, what “terroir” really means and why it’s so important to world class wines, how grapes are transformed from juice to wine, and how the winemaker balances the characteristics of the vineyard and wine-making choices to produce unforgettable wines.
The day’s Sojourn experience will culminate with a 5-course wine pairing dinner in the Stephanie Inn Dining Room, featuring a menu inspired by Oregon’s rich October bounty, prepared by Stephanie Inn Executive Chef Aaron Bedard. Dinner will feature remarkable Adelsheim wines paired with each course.
And yes, you’ll be taking a bottle of your own blend home with you to share with friends (or to keep for yourself). This is truly a one-of-a-kind experience, offered nowhere else.
Sojourn Class: 1-4 p.m., October 4, 2018
Guests will enjoy an afternoon break following the class, then head to the dining room in the evening for the wine pairing dinner. Sojourn guests will enjoy dinner at 6:30 p.m. in the Dining Room.
Price per guest will be announced soon, and will include the 3 hour wine blending class, 2 bottles of your own blend to take home, and the 5-course wine pairing dinner in the Dining Room that evening.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.974.9825 to reserve your spot.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy:
- Stephanie Inn Sojourns can be reserved by calling the following number: 888.974.9825 or by emailing email@example.com
- Sojourns are only for guests of the Inn, 21 and over.
- Your reservation will be confirmed via a confirmation letter email from our front desk staff.
- Sojourns are not included in the price of your room.
- Cancellation policy: Due to the high demand for these intimate, small group experiences, guests will be charged for the full price at time of reservation for the Sojourn experience. A 30-day notice is required for cancellation of the Sojourn experience. Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable.